Starts by quoting scripture and gives a counter message than what is written. Mostly a personal opinion.
IE The Holy Spirit spoke to me. Gages truth by personal experience, rather than scripture. Which leads to no accountability. Biblical truth is verifiable!
Transposing your feelings into Bible interpretation gives you what you feel and not what scripture says.
- Consider the context in relationship to the chapter.
- Safety guard: Verify the meaning in the original language.
- Check moral and doctrinal conclusions with trusted commentaries.
- Compare with the rest of scripture. The Bible never contradicts itself.
- Read every passage objectively.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to open scripture to you.
- Don’t take verses out of context. False teachers do that a lot.
- If the verse doesn’t make sense in your context, then you don’t understand the correct meaning.
Spiritual Warfare: Used to disarm the power and effectiveness of God’s Word. Interpreting something symbolically when it’s meant literally.
Letterism is when you take a passage and push it to a Hyper Literal meaning. Even when the meaning is symbolic, allegorizing disregards the primary literal meaning and randomly assigns a symbolic message.
Cults use letterism to abuse the literal principle and cause error. Example: Mormons teach that God is an exalted man.
Always interpret literally unless the plain context rules out the possibility. Transubstantiation: A totally fabricated man made doctrine. Doctrine that is injected into the text. When basic hermeneutical rules of interpretation are applied, scripture cannot be taken out of context.
Many of todays Churches have erroneous teaching.
- The moral law is no longer relevant to Christians.
- Perversion of the doctrines of the Holy Spirit.
- Miss applying use of tongues or God’s sovereign authority.
- People will hunt for verses that fit their premise, while ignoring the context and meaning and ignoring the original language.
Simple hermeneutical principle of literal interpretation will protect from a theological error.
Hermeneutics: Not a dry dusty meaningless academia, for scholars only. It is a vital weapon for the truth. It will keep you from damaging mistakes and errors.
Liberal theology takes a literal historic event like the creation of the first man, interprets it symbolically and randomly to be a moral parable about the human conscious and mans free will. 1. nothing more than a random speculation. 2. This viewpoint contradicts scripture
Analogy of faith
Passages in the Bible cannot contradict each other. They must be united and consistent in thought and purpose. Analogy: A comparison of similarities between two subjects. Scripture must be regarded like the one entire constant book that it is.
Three principles of interpretation to avoid improper symbolic interpretation.
- Make sure your understanding of a passage doesn’t conflict with scripture. 2. Don’t presume… check the facts 3. The Old Testament must be interpreted in light of the New Testament. The New Testament can clarify the Old Testament.
42 false teachers https://youtu.be/MibaFbmLShE